JOB TITLE: Senior Annual Giving Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Development Officer
SUPERVISES: Donor Care Coordinator
The Senior Annual Giving Manager reports to the Chief Development Officer and serves as a member of the development team. This position plans and manages all aspects of the Annual Fund program as well as being responsible for maintaining donor data integrity within Raiser’s Edge.
Within the Foundation, the position has primary working relations with the President & CEO, Chief Development Officer and Directors of Communication and Finance & Operations. This position also supervises the Donor Care Coordinator.
Reporting directly to the Chief Development Officer, this position is an essential member of the development team and will be responsible for managing all aspects of the MAWH Annual Giving Program. The Senior Annual Giving Manager plays an active role in the identification, cultivation, solicitation and recognition of individual donors and will be responsible to meet budget goals.
Responsibilities will include:
• Design, implementation and growth of all annual Direct Public Support campaigns including online, direct mail and newsletter.
• Administrative support of Indirect Public Support campaigns including Aloha United Way (AUW) and Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) employee giving campaigns.
• Utilize direct response communication and fundraising tools (direct mail, email, website) to inform, engage, connect and solicit current, lapsed and prospective donors. Monitor, report and analyze outcomes.
• Working with the Communications team, maintain an active level of written and digital correspondence with all donors.
• Working with the Donor Care Coordinator, maintain and cultivate individual donor records in Raiser’s Edge. Also coordinate department - wide stewardship efforts of current donors to retain and encourage repeat and increased giving year-over-year.
• Prepare and execute stewardship mailings, including direct mail.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• A minimum of five year’s fundraising experience in annual giving/campaigns and appeals, with an emphasis in individual/annual solicitation.
• Advance experience with Raiser’s Edge.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proactive self- starter with a strong results orientation.
• Highly motivated and well-organized with a progressive record of achievement.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent research, follow-through, analytical, problem-solving and presentation skills.
• Strong commitment to the mission, vision, values, and programs of Make-A-Wish Hawaii and ability to effectively articulate these to motivate and encourage donors and prospects at all levels.
• High level of diplomacy and confidentiality.
• Ability to work some nights and weekends, as needed for events and deadlines.
• Knowledge of online fundraising tools.
• Experience and high level of comfort working with a diverse group of individuals (staff, volunteers, etc.).
• Experience in team-based, cross-functional work environment with effective and respectful communication as a top priority.
This is a full-time position with a full benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance. Position includes a personal time off plan.